The instructions below are general guidelines for NiMH, NiCd, Li-Ion, and LiFePO4 battery packs. Following these guidelines can help you extend the life of your battery packs. If you have Segway battery packs, please note that the instructions are different and you can find them here.
1. Always ensure that the battery is not hot and is at room temperature before charging.
2. Once charged, remove the battery from the charger. Do not store the battery on the charger for extended periods of time. Please note that storing a battery in a charger that is not plugged into the wall, can potentially cause the battery to drain back into the charger. This was more common with older chargers and we have also noted it in some newer chargers.
3. It is recommended to not store the battery on the device when not in use. Storing the battery separately removes the possibility of the device slowly draining the battery.
4. If you have not used the battery for 2-3 months, we would recommend recharging the battery and if possible, use them. This helps maintain their health.
5. Lastly, be sure to store your battery in a dry environment. If possible, avoid temperatures below freezing and above 110F to maximize battery life.