The first few charges/discharges of each batteries life makes a big difference in their performance. For optimal results with our batteries, we recommend the following break in procedure.
- Charge your batteries for 8-10hr before first use.
- Before first use, unplug the charging cable and turn on the Segway and allow it to sit in idle mode for 5-10 minutes before attempting to ride.
- During the first ride we recommend riding at a slow consistent speed of 6-8mph (yellow key). Riding fast (red key) is not recommended during the first 2-3 cycles.
- It is recommended that the batteries be discharged to at least 1-2 bars of battery remaining before attempting recharge during the first 2-3 cycles.
- Before charging, allow the batteries to rest for 30 minutes and return to room temperature.
Following the steps above will help you get the most out of our product.
Segway Battery Charging
Whether you use Lithium or NiMH Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries for your Segway, it is important to follow strict guidelines in order to maximize the life of your very precious batteries.
It is not healthy for a lithium or NiMH battery to charge continuously. To get the most life out of your batteries, see our Step by Step process for each by clicking the button below.