Battery Break in Recommendations For SEGWAY® Batteries
The first few charges/discharges of each batteries life can make a big difference in their performance. For optimal results with our batteries, we recommend the following break in procedure.
- Charge your batteries for 8-10hr before first use.
- Before first use, unplug the charging cable and turn on the SEGWAY® and allow it to sit in idle mode for 5-10 minutes before attempting to ride.
- During the first ride we recommend riding at a slow consistent speed of 6-8mph (yellow key). Riding fast (red key) is not recommended during the first 2-3 cycles.
- It is recommended that the batteries be discharged to at least 1-2 bars of battery remaining before attempting recharge during the first 2-3 cycles.
- Before charging, allow the batteries to rest for 30 minutes and return to room temperature.
Following the steps above will help you get the most out of our product.
SEGWAY® Battery Charging
Whether you use Lithium or NiMH Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries for your SEGWAY®, it is important to follow strict guidelines in order to maximize the life of your very precious batteries.
It is not healthy for a lithium or NiMH battery to charge continuously. To get the most life out of your batteries, see our Step by Step process for each by clicking the button below.